View previous topic :: View next topic  
deceth
In-Game Rank 9

re: Guild status

Parachutes's account sub is up this Thursday, so he passed GM to me until I can pass it to Kolviss, assuming he wants it. (I assumed he would be playing for the long term)
In regards to the future of our guild, the following 80-85 characters have logged on in the last 2 weeks:
Skints
Hek
Kongvorkian
Attica
Angrey
Fortyfives
Kolviss
Lixneez
Lormados
Coredis
Kyrrah
Elleynne
Nyghtchyld
Madhurah
Delath
Samasuze
Deschanel
Scrywnyjohnny
Emyankwong
Sandaron
Jay
Vyspritus
Accipitor
Vilehoof

24 out of 420 characters in the guild.
There are a couple mid level people, some alts, some friends, some very casual shackers, but I would say that this list is an accurate list of the people in the guild that still play WoW regularly.

Unfortunately, not everyone is on at the same time, or desire to do the same things in game, so basically, we are a guild in name only, and not much else. When I'm on and I see people able to raid, I've been trying to get them into pugs, or have been forming raid groups with them and random people, however, as I mentioned earlier, not everyone is on at the same time.

So, of the people in the guild that still play semi-regularly, what are your thoughts on what we should do?
Should we maintain the status quo and wait for people to resub and have the guild continue in name only? (Seems like a slow death more than anything)
Should we try to merge with another more active guild? (Kind of ruins the point of a Shack™ guild)
Should we try to be more active members of the guild and have more social events, or is it a matter of the people left in the guild having too disparate schedules?

I know were were trying to keep things casual and open for any Shacker, but I think we've gone too far in the casual direction. The guild chatter, when I'm on, is minimal, at least partially due to the number of people on, (usually 4-6 max lately), and there are no real guild events of any kind going on, whether it be raids, pvp, questing(beyond leveling alts with friends).

Essentially, the people still playing now are going to be the people still playing in the future, and I'd like to know if everyone is happy with the current guild situation.
Kyyrah
In-Game Lowest Rank

I think merging is our best bet. I want to get into raid progression and it seems like if I don't do it with guild, I have too little experience to be able to pug it as pugs get really upset at me when I don't do everything perfectly. It is fun to play with shackers but we need more active players (I am only semi-active myself, my schedule at work and school allow me to only play weekends or slow weekdays) but I still want to raid.
matrix21

I'm against a merge but really the guild is dead as it stands. Shack Hype is dead and nobodies coming back till next expansion or unless some awesome content patch is released.

If people want to leave to raid, so be it. There are plenty of raiding guilds on the server but a merge would probably mean lots of people would not have the ability to have their alts in the guild. Let's at least keep the guild around and stop kicking inactive people.
ScrawnyJohnny
In-Game Lowest Rank

I'm cool with people who want to move their raid-geared mains to other guilds. It's obvious we don't have the critical mass/interest to raid ourselves.

I can see a benefit to keeping the guild alive for alts and future revivals, though. The guild level is pretty high & when the Ragnaros / Deathwing content comes out we may see an influx of new/old blood. If we did 'merge' I'd rather see another guild merge into us rather than us into them.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shugashack Forum Index -> Member Forums All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: