View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
arcanes
In-Game Rank 1

re: Introduce yourself!

There always has to be one of these topics in a forum, right? So let's submit. We all probably know each other from the Shack but a lot of us use different names in WoW. Also, there are a few wives/gf's, friends and I think one brother.. oh yeah and there's lurkers too. As cheesy as this is, it may help us get to know each other a bit better, bring some activity to the board so we can use it more efficiently and also help us mods manage the guild a bit better. And who doesn't want to know wtf they're raiding with?!
So have at it:

• Shack name
  • WoW name
  • Class you play
  • How long have you been playing WoW
  • What got you started playing WoW

... add something personal too, if you are feeling bloggy (feel free to implement the emoticons too). Fun. no comment
arcanes
In-Game Rank 1

re: I'll start

I'm sure I'll probably be the only nerd doing this Happy

• arcane_ (http://www.shacknews.com/profile/arcane_). That picture in my profile, I'm quite proud of. I photoshopped that myself [l o l'd]. Me and rev were playing L4D2 a lot and that was my spray. Our bodies with the witch head on me and the boomer head on rev's. Pure, raw talent there folks.
  • Sprrinkles and Sprinkly
  • Sprrinkles is ret pally for dps, Sprinkly is a DK tank.
  • I think I first started playing WoW about 4 years ago with an alliance night elf druid. Only quested up to 70. No dungeons, no raids, no pvp. Left for 2 years, started up this spring for a refresh before Cata.
  • My wonderful husband got me into WoW (both times!)
  • Personal bit: As some of you know, I'm married to the wonderful, re-verse (Reev in WoW). We met on the internets playing 1v1 in Q3.

twisted
re-verse
In-Game Guild Master

• Name: re-Verse. Oooold school shacker.

• WoW Name: Reev, but I've got a lot of re-sounding aliases. Also mordots.

• I have almost every class over covered, but I like my Prot warrior the most.

• I played back in the old GCR vanilla days, but then took many years off, with a brief run to 70 with the wife a few years back.

• Roomies got me started. I had one who loaned me his wow account while he explored EQ2, and the shack guild was too cool to resist. I didn't expect I'd still be playing wow with shackers so much later.
paracord

Shack name: xxiv

WoW name: Parachutes

Class: Ret Paladin, offspec is a prot paladin but I have no real gear for that spec.

Time: Played WOW since it launched, I wasn't always able to devote time to the game due to real life work, but I've played for awhile.

I think this is a pretty funny pic of me and my friend Jake from Halloween. I'm on the right.

Forum Image

Last edited by paracord on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Chuuk
In-Game Rank 1

Shackname: Chuk

WoW names: Chuk
Class: Reformed Human Paladin

For years and years I always said I'd never pay a subscription cost for a game, unfortunately I got in to the WoW beta in 2004. I started my shammy here at launch, but went to Stormreaver with shackers and RL friends to play alliance a few months after. I came back to Mal'ganis about a year ago and leveled a few alts and my shaman to 80.
deceth
In-Game Rank 9

I go by persuxe on the shack. I don't remember how I came up with that name. Deceth in game as a faceroll paladin. After playing other more complicated classes, when I came back I wanted to play something easy.
When cataclysm hits, I'll be leveling up a troll druid alt for boomkin(we have no ranged dps), and resto(we have no heals). I have not decided on a name but I will likely go with something clever like Decethdruid, Boomtree, Moonfirebloomspamhero, or Noinnervateforu.
pixelat3d
In-Game Rank 1

Shackname:
Pixelat3d http://www.shacknews.com/profile/pixelat3d

Characters:
Pizzeh Deaht Knight http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mal%27Ganis&cn=Pizzeh

Warlock (Alliance) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&cn=Pizzy
Shaman (Alliance) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&cn=Pizze

* On and Off since the first beta, something like 6 years ago now? I can never seem to stay quit for more than 5-6 months. Stupid game.
* Friends, those bastards.

I hate seafood. All of it. It's Gross. Everything that lives underwater eats shit. I've used "pixelat3d" as my alias since the BBS days. It wasn't until WoW that i Moved to Pizzy as a character name, but i ended up using Pizzeh for my DK (and previously on the horde side when my shaman was still horde). I use that for all my MMO names now. It's sort of evolved into pizza though, by popular demand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wusGIl3v044
Tashtego
In-Game Rank 9

Shackname: Tashtego

Characters:

Kitesh - 75 Shadow priest, slowly leveling to 80 and will be my main in Catacylsm
Tashtegoh - 80 DK Plate DPS, because I heard we were short on those. Mostly used to farm heirlooms until Kitesh hits 80.

I've been playing off and on since launch (off for the last year or so). Before Wrath, I mostly played my priest with Order of Chaos on Stormrage (Alliance). After Wrath, I played my DK in GCR. I've got various alts spread around servers, none higher than the early 70s.
Khazzaam

re: Khazaam

Hello nerds.

My Shackname is Salad Sammich and I have a few chars here on Mal'Ganis (xfers over from Garona because Alliance got old and everyone here seems to play a lot).

I have:

Khazaam - Resto Shaman (main) - Been playing him since BC dropped. I have some crazy amount of /played days on him .. like 200. Healing is my thing. I love it. I think it's the most fun I can have playing WoW. Not to toot but I'm really good at it.

Thickneck - Blood DK (main ALT): I try to give him equal playing time ever since I swapped from DPS to tanking. I had no idea how to tank and was a little worried I would suck it up, but I managed to catch on and now I love tanking almost as much as healing.

Kholde - Fire Mage: This dude was actually my 2nd character ever; my first is a now-lvl-80 Rogue on Scilla. Kholde used to be a Gnome. I raided with him through AQ40 and put him on the shelf when BC came out and started playing the Shaman. I resurrected him and got him to L80 and am liking the Mage changes coming up, so I'll play him.

On other servers, I have the 80 Rogue, an 80 Hunter, and a few 70'ish characters tossed around.

I've been playing WoW since open beta in 2004 and have played every class up to at least 70 except a Warlock because like clowns, Warlocks scare me. I've done all the "hardcore" stuff ... 5 days a week, 5 hrs a night, 10-hr Saturdays ... and I got burnt out on it. I turned more casual when I got engaged and now that I'm married, I don't have the time I used to have to play ... not that I don't WANT to, mind you.

I got into WoW because a couple of friends nagged me until I tried it. I swore I would never pay a monthly fee to play a game but here I am, six years and nearly $1100 later, still playing and still paying.

I love good coffee, good beer, and good pizza. I used to be a vegan, then vegetarian, then not. I also like stepping on the necks of make-believe dragons.
Elleynne
In-Game Rank 9

Shack name: Elleynne

WoW name: Elleynne

Class: Undead Death Knight, unholy spec for now (Main)

Time: Played WoW with my husband for a couple of years (on Vek'Nilash svr) then took some "time off" from it. Wish I hadn't. Am back now and will be staying.

I got into WoW when my husband bought the game. I had no idea what it was at the time, and got pissed off at him for not telling me it had a mo. subscription fee. Well, I logged in once and that was it. Next thing you know, we separated into two accounts.

Still learning a lot about WoW since I've been gone so long, and trying to catch up to all the 70s and 80s in the guild. Would like to become a regular shacker and contribute to the guild and guild bank.
NinjaGamerGirl
In-Game Rank 9

Shackname
NinjaGamerGirl

In-Game Name
Seko

Characters
Seko(Priest)
Alltongue(Warlock)
Setô(Paladin)
Rûby(Mage)
Among others

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft
I've been playing since Alpha.

What got you started playing World of Warcraft
Started working for Blizzard during World of Warcraft's life. Since the game was in beta, we spent a good two weeks playing the game to understand the mechanics, test out classes/zones/quests/rewards. Ever since then, I've been a owner of two accounts

Something Personal
I've worked in the game industry for about 5 or 6 years. (SOE, Blizzard, Rockstar). I've recently made a transition into Software Development where i'm currently getting my Computer Science degree from Neumont University.

My play style is more towards the hardcore side when it comes to MMO's, which means I only play for the raid/competition aspect.

Forum Image

Last edited by NinjaGamerGirl on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shack name: BigBlack

WoW name: Halbert, Cleavon, Rasputia, Dagbert

Class: The Mage is my main, but I've played most of the classes at some point.

Time: I've played WoW off and on since Dec 04. Had a rogue in the original GCR, don't remember her name. The priest is my second or third character though he's been retired from healing for a while and I keep him around just for enchanting.

Something Personal: I manage a print shop and have a cat I rescued from a gas station named Monkee. He likes to claw my thigh for attention while I'm trying to play.
Forum Image
ClayM

You know me.
Whiteshack

Shack name: theWhite

Wow name: Throm, Haleck, Grimmok, Shahek

Started playing wow back in the beta and played with GCR on malganis since day one. Rolled a shaman and briefly switched to DK when wrath came out. Raided pretty much everything except ICC. I quit back in 09 from drama burn out (something most former GCR guild masters can relate to) and hadnt planned to come back to wow but this exansion just looked too good to pass up so here i am.

Something personal: I once cancelled a meeting while i was at work because i was too busy dealing with GCR forum drama
murklin
In-Game Lowest Rank

Shack name: gnomish

WoW name: murklin

Class: priest (shadow)

How long have you been playing WoW: I played vanilla until molten core 40man became tiresome. Recently resubbed.

What got you started playing WoW: Old roommates.

Something personal: I like pie and corrupting the minds of our fragile youth.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shugashack Forum Index -> Member Forums All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: