View previous topic :: View next topic  
deceth
In-Game Rank 9

re: Lich King kills before expansion

We had a guild run clear of ICC this past Fri/Sat/Sunday with a couple pug dps and healer, with the Lich King kill on Monday night.

We missed a few people that couldn't make it due to real life priorities, so we'll get you in for the next kill this week!

As far as some of you that are 'undergeared', as you can see in the following screenshot, we were about 5 minutes ahead of the berserk timer, so we can get by with a less than perfect setup and gear.
http://www.shackpics.com/files/WoWScrnShot_110110_171223_0nkb0d7u5ppv7rqkq4j5.jpg
http://www.shackpics.com/viewer.x?file=WoWScrnShot_110110_171223_0nkb0d7u5ppv7rqkq4j5.jpg
So, if you are interested in downing LK before the expansion, here is my proposal.

For dps, if you can do 4,000 dps steady on a heroic boss training dummy for 5 minutes you are geared enough. If you are below that threshold, bring someone to average out your suckiness. For example, you only do 3k sustained, then bring someone that can do 5k.
For tanks, 44k hp self buffed(along with a solid threat rotation).
For healers, 3k heals per second while running around, or 2k intellect, 2.8k sp.

The tanking and healing requirements are a little higher than the dps since while you can get closer to the berserk timer, you can't get one shot or run out of mana while healing.

If you can multitask, know your class fairly well and can keep up at 90% of your output while doing dodging fire/killing adds/listening to the raid leader, reply here if you'd like to get this experienced before the expansion hits.
In addition, post the days/times you'd be able to make a raid. Clear at least 2 hours for any sort of progress. Your time is valuable, and we don't want to waste yours or the raid's by making people wait around.

Please check this out before you show up:
http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/03/19/lich-king-strategy-and-tutorial-video/

Last edited by deceth on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
asylumn_shack
In-Game Rank 9

I would like to get in on this, but I am a bit low on the gear for heals. I'm currently sitting on 1.5k int, 2.3k sp. I can try and up some gems/enchants to eek out some more int, but I know I won't get 2k anytime soon. So, if I can't get a spot, that's cool. However, if there is a run that is over-geared and has room for me, that would be awesome.

I am unavailable this weekend, but other than that good times for me are Sunday or Monday evenings. Wednesday and Thursday nights should also be good.
BigBlackBastard
In-Game Rank 9

I (Halbert) would like to go as DPS. I'm pretty sure I can pull off at least 4k dps, but I will make sure before I commit. www.wow-heroes.com says I can do ICC, though I haven't personally gone on a raid since one time in Naxx.
Rondilas
In-Game Rank 9

Gonna do it on my DK.. tank or DPS.
matrix21

I've got two characters to bring, Keldun (enhance) dps should be ok, he's been before (I'll check DPS when the power comes back on), and Delath (tank) 47.4k health.

Prefer to do it on Keldun 1st then if there isn't room for Delath I'll live.
BigBlackBastard
In-Game Rank 9

I was able to sustain 5k on the ?? dummy for 5 minutes. so if there is room sometime I would like to go.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/halbert/
deceth
In-Game Rank 9

Last weekend before expansion, any people still want to get this done? If so I can resub for this weekend and help if needed, otherwise I'll wait a couple of weeks to start up again.
Onimarr
In-Game Rank 9

I'd like to do 25 man kill but don't really care and I can help kill the LK if anyone needs.
NinjaGamerGirl
In-Game Rank 9

If you need a healer, i'm your woman. Just let me know Happy

This is what I've counted so far from shack posts and here:

Tanks (need 2 for 10, 3 for 25)
re-verse
*tremetal
*rondilas
*delath
*deceth

Healers (need 2.5 for 10, 6 for 25)
seko
asylum
evil benius
*tremetal

Ranged (2 for 10, 6 for 25)
halbert
whiteshack
*onimarr

Melee (10-tanks-heals-ranged, 25 - thr)
keldun
rondilas
vincestabba
sprinkles
sholina
*deceth

"interested"
vegtro

I didn't completely check everyone gear and raid experience, however my opening post still has the minimum requirements for a LK kill.

Not enough for a 25 man unless we get 1 more healer, 4 more ranged, 1 more dps(ranged or melee).

Also, this list does not take into account the days people can raid.

We should decide if we want to do a full clear, or a half clear so we get more time on LK. If we do a 10 man, then it looks like there are enough people that can do this without me, so I can just hop on mumble and give suggestions if needed.

Last edited by deceth on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Onimarr
In-Game Rank 9

Im not a healer anymore and I doubt my tanking gear would let me tank past saurfang.
deceth
In-Game Rank 9

So you are ranged/melee dps? Did you throw away your healing gear in the last month??
Onimarr
In-Game Rank 9

ugh no i didnt but im dps/tanking spec now.
NinjaGamerGirl
In-Game Rank 9

Poor Onimarr. I think Tsunji is a healer. Let me contact him to see if he would be willing to heal. He can go disc and I can go holy for group heals if needed.

Grats for the kill on Saturday.

We have enough to do a second run tomorrow to get the people that missed the day. (Raid lock changes are per boss, so you can still get in on this save.)

If you missed out and still want in, reply here!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Shugashack Forum Index -> Member Forums All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: